As an all-volunteer community organization, your skills and time are what we need most! Whether you have a few hours a week, or just one hour a month, you advance the mission to enrich the community through film. Check out some of opportunities below and get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Movie Night Volunteer
Help out for 45 minutes and watch a free movie! Cash register experience helps but isn't necessary; we'll train you.
- For Saturday night shows, arrive at 7:15pm. For Sunday matinee shows, arrive at 3:15pm.
- Operate a simple point-of-sale program and interact with patrons.
- If you're helping in concessions, operate the popcorn maker.
- Find an open seat and enjoy the show!
- Once a month, pick up old brochures and drop off new ones at few pre-arranged locations. Consider places that you frequent or that are close to home.
- Coordinate a break-bulk location, so volunteers can easily pick up their brochures to distribute.
- Find new and interesting locations for brochures.
- Analyze data to ensure the right number of brochures reach the right locations with no waste.
Volunteer Coordination and Training
- Manage movie night volunteer schedule to ensure there are enough helpers at each show.
- Train new volunteers to use the POS system and popcorn maker.
- Improve the recruiting plan and volunteer management procedures.
- Be the face of the Film Society at networking events and volunteer fairs.
- Locate new vendors for great snacks and drinks.
- Work on the pricing strategy.
- Manage inventory and restock supplies.
- Develop ongoing relationships with partner organizations and businesses.
- Organize speakers for panel discussions.
- Arrange sponsorships for topic-based films.
- Enhance the corporate membership program.
Finance and Accounting
- Find ways to increase earned income and reduce operating costs.
- Review accounting processes.
- Maintain and adjust the budget.
- Develop forecasting techniques.